Intro/Welcome

The idea for this blog came about after I had worked on a project for a Christian history course I took while attending seminary. My prof encouraged me to continue with the project which I have decided to do and share with anyone who wants to know about the Jesus movie genre. Here you will find info on many of the Jesus movies or movies that feature Jesus as an integral character. Some are good, whilst others are bad or just plain ugly... or both.
So why this blog? Jesus is arguably the most influential and important person to have ever walked this world and I am always intrigued how film-makers envision and actors portray him. My hope is that you will enjoy this blog and should there be a movie or TV event that you feel would make agreat inclusion to this list then please email me and let me know... I will then consider it for inclusion.
Thanks and blessings, Chris St John



Wednesday, August 29, 2007

Jésus devant Pilate (1898)

Jésus devant Pilate (Eng. Jesus Before Pilate) a short black and white, soundless film made by pioneer French film maker Alice Guy was one of the earliest films ever produced. The film reportedly ran for only three minutes and yet it was shown to thrilled audiences in packed out theatres all over France. It is still considered a landmark in the history of cinema even though there are no extant copies. CSJ

No comments: